From State House News Service
ON THE AGENDA
- McGovern on Zika, GOP tactics
- DeLeo on House ‘bathroom bill’ debate
- Mass. Smart Growth Conference at DCU Center
- Senate sends Baker hospital funding compromise
- Medical marijuana for veterans
- Senators mull MBTA fare hikes
TOP OF THE HILL
Senate passes $39.5B state budget
The Senate wrapped up three days of fiscal 2017 budget deliberations about 11 p.m. Thursday, May 26, voting unanimously to pass an annual spending bill after adding a total of $61.3 million on the floor.
“Thanks to all your advocacy this week we made additional investments in our shared priorities for an even stronger budget,” Senate Ways and Means Chairwoman Karen E. Spilka, D-Ashland, said ahead of the vote. According to her office, the new bottom line on the bill is $39.558 billion.
The House passed its version of the budget unanimously April 27 with a $39.508 billion bottom line, according to the House Committee on Ways and Means.
Please log in or subscribe to continue reading. Weekly access is only $2. No recurring charges.